2-year-old Farmington girl dies after being strangled by bunk bed
FARMINGTON — A 2-year-old girl died early Wednesday after becoming stuck in her bunk bed.
The girl's parents found her around 8:30 a.m., Farmington Police Chief Wayne Hansen said. The girl did not share the room with any of her siblings.
"It was a small, confined space and her neck and arm got wedged in there," Hansen said.
The girl is believed to have died of positional asphyxia, police said. It does not appear that there was any sort of fault with the bed.
"It's just a terrible tragedy," the chief said.
Police did not identify the child or give the address of the home.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11