2-year-old Farmington girl dies after being strangled by bunk bed
FARMINGTON — A 2-year-old girl died early Wednesday after becoming stuck in her bunk bed.
The girl's parents found her around 8:30 a.m., Farmington Police Chief Wayne Hansen said. The girl did not share the room with any of her siblings.
"It was a small, confined space and her neck and arm got wedged in there," Hansen said.
The girl is believed to have died of positional asphyxia, police said. It does not appear that there was any sort of fault with the bed.
"It's just a terrible tragedy," the chief said.
Police did not identify the child or give the address of the home.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 69
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 13