2-year-old Farmington girl dies after being strangled by bunk bed
FARMINGTON — A 2-year-old girl died early Wednesday after becoming stuck in her bunk bed.
The girl's parents found her around 8:30 a.m., Farmington Police Chief Wayne Hansen said. The girl did not share the room with any of her siblings.
"It was a small, confined space and her neck and arm got wedged in there," Hansen said.
The girl is believed to have died of positional asphyxia, police said. It does not appear that there was any sort of fault with the bed.
"It's just a terrible tragedy," the chief said.
Police did not identify the child or give the address of the home.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14