2-year-old Farmington girl dies after being strangled by bunk bed
FARMINGTON — A 2-year-old girl died early Wednesday after becoming stuck in her bunk bed.
The girl's parents found her around 8:30 a.m., Farmington Police Chief Wayne Hansen said. The girl did not share the room with any of her siblings.
"It was a small, confined space and her neck and arm got wedged in there," Hansen said.
The girl is believed to have died of positional asphyxia, police said. It does not appear that there was any sort of fault with the bed.
"It's just a terrible tragedy," the chief said.
Police did not identify the child or give the address of the home.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11