Sen., and astronaut, Jake Garn's recent My View ("Modernizing nuclear weapons testing methods is essential," Sept. 25) was a welcome relief from the partisan grandstanding so common from today's elected officials.
Ever the statesman, Garn eloquently articulates his support for a Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban that will improve national security, curb the proliferation of nuclear weapons and safeguard Utahns from the threat of renewed nuclear weapons testing in Nevada.
It looks like it took an astronaut to rise above the mire of politics and display real vision on our nation's future. Perhaps it will be worth sending Sen. Mike Lee and Sen. Orrin Hatch to space so they can see with the same clarity as Garn.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26