Today former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is meeting with real estate tycoon and reality TV mogul Donald Trump as part of Romney's presidential campaign.
Romney is only one of several potential GOP nominees to visit with Trump in recent months. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and Texas Gov. Rick Perry have all made Trump's acquaintance — now it's Romney's turn.
"(If Donald Trump) does get behind whoever the candidate may be … that individual will basically lock up the Republican nomination," boasted Trump's political adviser, Michael Cohen, on ABC News. "He has become now the Godfather of politics."
Whether the Godfather of politics or not, it's clear from all the attention he's receiving that GOPers want his endorsement. Even Herman Cain is now planning to meet with Trump.
Today's meeting should be interesting since Trump has criticized Romney on several occasions, calling him a "small-business man" compared with himself, and boasting "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney."
Though the two businessmen have never publicly made amends, today's meeting shows that the two are at least willing to get together and chat.
Of course the meeting itself hasn't come without controversy.The Democratic National Committee has already released a video criticizing the two:
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- In New Zealand, feud over fate of 1902 corpse...
- Latinos are 'very optimistic' about America's...
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best cities...
- At least 17 killed in Egypt by building collapse
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 63
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13