Today former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is meeting with real estate tycoon and reality TV mogul Donald Trump as part of Romney's presidential campaign.
Romney is only one of several potential GOP nominees to visit with Trump in recent months. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and Texas Gov. Rick Perry have all made Trump's acquaintance — now it's Romney's turn.
"(If Donald Trump) does get behind whoever the candidate may be … that individual will basically lock up the Republican nomination," boasted Trump's political adviser, Michael Cohen, on ABC News. "He has become now the Godfather of politics."
Whether the Godfather of politics or not, it's clear from all the attention he's receiving that GOPers want his endorsement. Even Herman Cain is now planning to meet with Trump.
Today's meeting should be interesting since Trump has criticized Romney on several occasions, calling him a "small-business man" compared with himself, and boasting "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney."
Though the two businessmen have never publicly made amends, today's meeting shows that the two are at least willing to get together and chat.
Of course the meeting itself hasn't come without controversy.The Democratic National Committee has already released a video criticizing the two:
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Central African Republic mobs launch ethnic...
- Report: German president boycotting Sochi...
- Purge sends chilling message to North Korea's...
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 111
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 111
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 27
- Space and religion: How believers view... 21
- Obama administration will allow green... 17
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12