Today former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is meeting with real estate tycoon and reality TV mogul Donald Trump as part of Romney's presidential campaign.
Romney is only one of several potential GOP nominees to visit with Trump in recent months. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and Texas Gov. Rick Perry have all made Trump's acquaintance — now it's Romney's turn.
"(If Donald Trump) does get behind whoever the candidate may be … that individual will basically lock up the Republican nomination," boasted Trump's political adviser, Michael Cohen, on ABC News. "He has become now the Godfather of politics."
Whether the Godfather of politics or not, it's clear from all the attention he's receiving that GOPers want his endorsement. Even Herman Cain is now planning to meet with Trump.
Today's meeting should be interesting since Trump has criticized Romney on several occasions, calling him a "small-business man" compared with himself, and boasting "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney."
Though the two businessmen have never publicly made amends, today's meeting shows that the two are at least willing to get together and chat.
Of course the meeting itself hasn't come without controversy.The Democratic National Committee has already released a video criticizing the two:
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Sierra Leone makes hiding Ebola patients illegal
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role in...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 121
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Obama faces tough options in Iraq and... 14