Marriott Library, U., will host a lecture with Philip Fradkin, author of "Everett Ruess, His Short Life, Mysterious Death and Astonishing Afterlife," Sept. 25, 3-4 p.m. (801-581-3421 or www.utah.edu)
The King's English Bookshop, 1511 S. 1500 East, will host signings with Amor Towles, author of "Rules of Civility," and Heather Brewer, author of "The Slayer Chronicles: First Kill," Sept. 26, 7 p.m.; Alan Rogers, author of "The Evidence for Evolution," Sept. 29, 7 p.m.; Randall Wright, author of "The Cheshire Cat: A Dickens of a Tale," Oct. 1, 2 p.m.; and Dorothee Kocks, author of "The Glass Harmonica," Oct. 1, 4 p.m. The bookshop will also host a Jane Austen evening, Sept. 30, 7 p.m. (801-484-9100 or www.kingsenglish.com)
Jason F. Wright will hold multiple signings for his new book, "The Wednesday Letters," Sept. 27, 5:30 p.m, Deseret Book, 2274 S. 1300 East; Sept. 29, 5 p.m., Deseret Book, 135 N. 545 West, Bountiful; Sept. 30, 11:30 a.m., Deseret Book, 45 W. South Temple; and Oct. 1, Deseret Book, 1110 Fort Union Blvd., Midvale
Golden Braid Books, 151 S. 500 East, will host a book preview with Michael Harrington, author of "From Illness to Stillness," Sept. 27, 6:30-7:30 p.m. (801-322-1162 or www.goldenbraidbooks.com).
Ken Sanders Rare Books, 268 S. 200 East, will host an event with Tom Begich and Timothy Mason, the songwriter and poet behind "Bone Collectors," Sept. 27, 7 p.m. (801-521-3819 or www.kensandersbooks.com)
Salt Lake Community College Writing Center, 210 E. 400 South, will host "Grammar Phobia: Quick and Easy Tips for Clarity in Writing," Sept. 28, 6-8 p.m. The cost is $10, and registration is required. (801-957-2192 or www.slcc.edu/cwc)
Sundance Resort, 8841 Alpine Loop Road, Sundance, will host a lecture with Leslie Marmon Silko, author of "The Turquoise Ledge, A Memoir," as part of its author series, Oct. 1, noon. Tickets are $75 and include the lecture and discussion, a signed copy of the book and a brunch. (866-734-4428 or www.sundanceresort.com)
Cathedral of the Madeleine, 331 E. South Temple, will host a reading with Brian Doyle, Oct. 1, 12:30 p.m. (801-328-8941 or www.saltlakecathedral.org)
Deseret Book locations throughout Utah will host multiple book signings in conjunction with "Ladies Night," Oct. 1, 4-8 p.m. Visit www.deseretbook.com for specific information for each location.
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- Sherry Young: The world is indeed a glorious...
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for your kids
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2