The News Tribune, Dean J. Koepfler, File, Associated Press
TACOMA, Wash. — The father-in-law of a missing Utah woman has pleaded not guilty to charges of possessing child pornography and secretly videotaping her, other women and young girls without their knowledge.
Steven Powell, 61, entered the pleas in court in Washington state on Friday. A judge has set bail at $200,000.
Powell was arrested on Thursday at this home. He shares the home with his son and two grandsons. Susan Powell's sons have been placed in state custody and a judge ordered Steven Powell not to have contact with the children.
Authorities said police investigating Susan Powell's 2009 disappearance found "thousands of images of females being videotaped without their knowledge, including Susan Powell," on tapes and disks at his home in an Aug. 25 search.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Israeli airstrike kills 3 senior Hamas leaders
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 108
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- Another American hostage at risk by... 12