The News Tribune, Dean J. Koepfler, File, Associated Press
TACOMA, Wash. — The father-in-law of a missing Utah woman has pleaded not guilty to charges of possessing child pornography and secretly videotaping her, other women and young girls without their knowledge.
Steven Powell, 61, entered the pleas in court in Washington state on Friday. A judge has set bail at $200,000.
Powell was arrested on Thursday at this home. He shares the home with his son and two grandsons. Susan Powell's sons have been placed in state custody and a judge ordered Steven Powell not to have contact with the children.
Authorities said police investigating Susan Powell's 2009 disappearance found "thousands of images of females being videotaped without their knowledge, including Susan Powell," on tapes and disks at his home in an Aug. 25 search.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- After 1st Ebola case in NYC, 3 others...
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- White House fence jumper charged with assault
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 23
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 18
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7