The News Tribune, Dean J. Koepfler, File, Associated Press
TACOMA, Wash. — The father-in-law of a missing Utah woman has pleaded not guilty to charges of possessing child pornography and secretly videotaping her, other women and young girls without their knowledge.
Steven Powell, 61, entered the pleas in court in Washington state on Friday. A judge has set bail at $200,000.
Powell was arrested on Thursday at this home. He shares the home with his son and two grandsons. Susan Powell's sons have been placed in state custody and a judge ordered Steven Powell not to have contact with the children.
Authorities said police investigating Susan Powell's 2009 disappearance found "thousands of images of females being videotaped without their knowledge, including Susan Powell," on tapes and disks at his home in an Aug. 25 search.
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- The rise of social entrepreneurship: How...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 52
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 34
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 28
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12