The News Tribune, Dean J. Koepfler, File, Associated Press
TACOMA, Wash. — The father-in-law of a missing Utah woman has pleaded not guilty to charges of possessing child pornography and secretly videotaping her, other women and young girls without their knowledge.
Steven Powell, 61, entered the pleas in court in Washington state on Friday. A judge has set bail at $200,000.
Powell was arrested on Thursday at this home. He shares the home with his son and two grandsons. Susan Powell's sons have been placed in state custody and a judge ordered Steven Powell not to have contact with the children.
Authorities said police investigating Susan Powell's 2009 disappearance found "thousands of images of females being videotaped without their knowledge, including Susan Powell," on tapes and disks at his home in an Aug. 25 search.
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4