As GOP presidential frontrunners Rick Perry and Mitt Romney soak up the limelight battling for pole position in the race to unseat Pres. Barack Obama, Rep. Michele Bachmann is falling further behind with each passing day.
Politico's Molly Ball notes that an increasingly irrelevant Bachmann seemed practically invisible during Thursday's GOP debate.
"Bachmann barely merited a mention in the post-debate analysis, from a post-debate focus group on Fox News to the ever-roiling debate-about-the-debate on Twitter. At one point mid-debate, conservative pundit Michelle Malkin tweeted, 'Is Michele Bachmann still there?'"
The New York Times reports about a reversal of fundraising fortunes for the Minnesota congresswoman.
"Mrs. Bachmann, who raised millions from small donors around the country while running for Congress from Minnesota, is encountering major headwinds raising money now, people close to the campaign said recently. …. Mrs. Bachmann's difficulties (include) her inability, so far, to be taken seriously by big-money Republican donors, especially in light of some high-profile stumbles on the campaign trail."
EMAIL: email@example.com twitter: askargo
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Maine in standoff with nurse over Ebola...
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- #Technologyandstuff: Chevy makes the best of...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 39
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13