"I think it's an honor for me to be on the line with him," he said. "That's the last time I'll see him, of course."
XTERRA is one of the few races where challenged athletes, open division athletes and the 330 pros all line up together and compete at the same time on the same course. Vogtsberger said it makes the races special. The race starts at 9 a.m. at Pineview Reservoir and finishes around 11:15 a.m. at Snowbasin. There is a festival for the public beginning at 10 a.m. at Snowbasin.
"We're all equal at the start," he said. "There's no time difference, no one starting early. We all have to fight to get in the lead. There is no handicapped."
Saturday's Race Information
9:00am XTERRA USA Championship Start
www.xterraplanet.com/utah/usaChamps.html at Port Ramp Marina (1.5k swim, 30k mtb, 10k trail run)
9:20am XTERRA Utah Start – Long Course
www.xterraplanet.com/utah/utahTri.html at Port Ramp Marina (1.5k swim, 30k mtb, 10k trail run)
9:40am XTERRA Utah Start – Sport Course
www.xterraplanet.com/utah/utahTri.html at Port Ramp Marina (750m swim, 16k mtb, 5k trail run)
10am-2pm Expo area open at Snowbasin – exhibits, live music, food service
10am-3pm Registration and packet pickup for XTERRA Trail Runs – Nationals, 10K and 5K
10:30am-2:30pm Paul Mitchell Cut-a-thon - benefit for the Challenged Athletes Foundation
11am XTERRA Sport winner expected at Snowbasin
11:45am XTERRA USA Championship Male/Female Winner Expected
12:00pm XTERRA University, presented by Paul Mitchell – Trail Running
1:50pm XTERRA Cut-off at T2
2pm XTERRA USA Championship
XTERRA Utah Awards Ceremony at Snowbasin
After Party at Harvest Moon Festival in downtown Ogden
8am-10pm Harvest Moon Festival on 25th Street
XTERRA TRAIL RUNNING at Snowbasin Resort
7:00-8:00am Late registration at Snowbasin
7:00-8:30am Packet pick up at Snowbasin
8:00am XTERRA Expo open
9:00am XTERRA Trail Running National Championship Half Marathon Start
9:05am XTERRA 5km and 10km Trail Run starts
9:00am-2:00pm Paul Mitchell Cut-a-Thon, a benefit for the Challenged Athletes Foundation
9:40am 5km/10km winners expected
10:19am Men's and Women's National Championship male/female winners expected
11:00am XTERRA Kids Sprint (free)
11:00am XTERRA 5km and 10km awards ceremony
11:45am XTERRA National Championship race awards ceremony
2:00pm XTERRA Expo closes
After Party in downtown Ogden
6:00pm XTERRA After Party (Location TBA)
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 102
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 22
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8