SALT LAKE CITY — Evergreen, an independent organization aimed at providing resources and information to LDS homosexuals and their families, will be holding its annual conference on Saturday, Sept. 24, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in downtown Salt Lake City.
Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Presidency of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be the featured speaker for the event. Other conference sessions will focus on special helps for LDS congregational leaders, general LDS information and resources, church doctrines and counsel, scientific research and therapy and special resources parents, adolescents and young adults.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for individuals in our faith community to learn more about same-gender attraction and how they can best support their friends and family members," said Evergreen President David Pruden. "The presentations and workshops are conducted by truly caring and highly trained professionals who can offer unique insights."
Pruden said there will also be a number of information resource booths that will allow individuals and families to speak to many reliable organizations that can provide expert assistance to Latter-day Saints.
The conference is open to the public at no charge.
More information about the conference is available at www.evergreeninternational.org or by calling 1-800-391-1000.
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- U. student government passes resolution... 68
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 19