SALT LAKE CITY — Evergreen, an independent organization aimed at providing resources and information to LDS homosexuals and their families, will be holding its annual conference on Saturday, Sept. 24, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in downtown Salt Lake City.
Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Presidency of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be the featured speaker for the event. Other conference sessions will focus on special helps for LDS congregational leaders, general LDS information and resources, church doctrines and counsel, scientific research and therapy and special resources parents, adolescents and young adults.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for individuals in our faith community to learn more about same-gender attraction and how they can best support their friends and family members," said Evergreen President David Pruden. "The presentations and workshops are conducted by truly caring and highly trained professionals who can offer unique insights."
Pruden said there will also be a number of information resource booths that will allow individuals and families to speak to many reliable organizations that can provide expert assistance to Latter-day Saints.
The conference is open to the public at no charge.
More information about the conference is available at www.evergreeninternational.org or by calling 1-800-391-1000.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18