Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Zach Collaros scrambled for two touchdowns and threw for two more, and Cincinnati's turnover-forcing defense got three more of them Thursday night, helping the Bearcats pull away to a 44-14 victory over North Carolina State.
The Bearcats (3-1) put together one of their most complete wins in coach Butch Jones' two seasons, taking full advantage of an injury-depleted defense.
N.C. State (2-2) couldn't keep up with Collaros, who repeatedly scrambled away from pressure and made pinpoint throws on the run. He ran 13 and 10 yards for touchdowns, and hooked up with running back Isaiah Pead on a 25-yard screen pass for another score. Pead ran for 167 yards and scored twice.
The Wolfpack's Mike Glennon threw touchdown passes of 87 and 49 yards to T.J. Graham, but had two interceptions that set up early Cincinnati touchdowns.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25