Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Zach Collaros scrambled for two touchdowns and threw for two more, and Cincinnati's turnover-forcing defense got three more of them Thursday night, helping the Bearcats pull away to a 44-14 victory over North Carolina State.
The Bearcats (3-1) put together one of their most complete wins in coach Butch Jones' two seasons, taking full advantage of an injury-depleted defense.
N.C. State (2-2) couldn't keep up with Collaros, who repeatedly scrambled away from pressure and made pinpoint throws on the run. He ran 13 and 10 yards for touchdowns, and hooked up with running back Isaiah Pead on a 25-yard screen pass for another score. Pead ran for 167 yards and scored twice.
The Wolfpack's Mike Glennon threw touchdown passes of 87 and 49 yards to T.J. Graham, but had two interceptions that set up early Cincinnati touchdowns.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22