NEW YORK — Tony Bennett says he's sorry for suggesting the United States provoked the 9/11 attacks.
Bennett said Wednesday that he was only expressing his feelings as a pacifist when he said the United States caused the 9/11 attacks by bombing people. He made the comments during an interview on Howard Stern's radio show Monday.
Bennett issued a written statement saying there is no excuse for terrorism and the killing of innocent people in the attacks.
Bennett said that he is a proud World War II veteran, but that his experiences in war and marching with Martin Luther King Jr. had led him believe that violence begets violence.
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Private actions are company business
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 21
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9