NEW YORK — Tony Bennett says he's sorry for suggesting the United States provoked the 9/11 attacks.
Bennett said Wednesday that he was only expressing his feelings as a pacifist when he said the United States caused the 9/11 attacks by bombing people. He made the comments during an interview on Howard Stern's radio show Monday.
Bennett issued a written statement saying there is no excuse for terrorism and the killing of innocent people in the attacks.
Bennett said that he is a proud World War II veteran, but that his experiences in war and marching with Martin Luther King Jr. had led him believe that violence begets violence.
- Challenge to Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Unions and tea party activists? Common Core...
- Obama's Kenyan-born uncle allowed to remain...
- Challenge to Utah's same-sex marriage ban 72
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 61
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 42
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 18
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 17
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 15