NEW YORK — Tony Bennett says he's sorry for suggesting the United States provoked the 9/11 attacks.
Bennett said Wednesday that he was only expressing his feelings as a pacifist when he said the United States caused the 9/11 attacks by bombing people. He made the comments during an interview on Howard Stern's radio show Monday.
Bennett issued a written statement saying there is no excuse for terrorism and the killing of innocent people in the attacks.
Bennett said that he is a proud World War II veteran, but that his experiences in war and marching with Martin Luther King Jr. had led him believe that violence begets violence.
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14