LEHI — Utah Jazz Bear will once again headline the Eighth Annual Mascot Bowl.
Monday's event is designed to raise money for "Bear Hugs for Kids" and the "Firemen and Friends for Kids" charities which combine once a year to provide a Christmas shopping spree for local children in need.
The All-Star Mascot team will consist of celebrity quarterbacks Aaron Boone and Doug Osmond along with celebrity coaches, Jeff Hornacek, Frank Layden and Chris Wingert. The mascots will take on the Lehi eighth grade football team.
The mascot team features Bear of the Utah Jazz, Grizbee of the Utah Grizzlies, Swoop from the University of Utah, BYU's Cosmo; Rocky from the Rocky Mountain Raceway, Weber State University's Waldo, Leonardo from Real Salt Lake, Torch from the Utah Blaze and the Salt Lake Bees' Bumble.
This year's team will also have Sourdough Sam from the San Francisco 49ers and Miles from the Denver Broncos, Gorilla from the Phoenix Suns, Boomer, from the Indiana Pacers, Blaze from the Portland Trailblazer, Hooper from the Detroit Pistons, and Bango from the Milwaukee Bucks.
In addition to the game, activities will include photo and autograph opportunities with the mascots, celebrity coaches, and quarterbacks. Entertainment will feature a half-time concert by Country-Western Star Charley Jenkins along with performances by "America's Got Talent" finalists "Recycled Percussion," and the "Green Man Group." The Lehi High Cheer and Drill teams will also be featured entertainment. There will be food, prizes, giveaways, contests, fireworks, and many fun activities for every member of the family.
Festivities will begin at 5:30 p.m. with an autograph session with mascots and celebrities. Fireworks will cap off the evening's activities. Tickets are $3 a piece, (children two and under are free), and can be purchased in advance at the Lehi High School Financial office, Scrooge and Marley's in Lehi or at the gate the night of the event. Lehi High School is located at 180 North 500 East in Lehi, just west of I-15.
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 65
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 48
- Annual instate college basketball... 37