Marcio Jose Sanchez, Associated Press
ASHBURN, Va. — Tony Romo has a fractured rib. DeAngelo Hall sees it as a bull's-eye.
The Washington Redskins cornerback said Wednesday he's hoping the Dallas Cowboys quarterback plays when the NFC East rivals meet Monday night — if only for the chance to inflict more damage.
"Absolutely. I want to get a chance to put my helmet on whatever's hurt," Hall said. "Romo's ribs — I'm going to be asking for some corner blitzes. If I know Felix Jones' shoulder's hurt, I'm not going to cut him. I'm definitely going to try to hit him up high, so that's just part of it.
"If you know something's wrong with an opponent, you're going to try to target in on that. We're going to try to definitely get as many hats on that team as possible."
Romo suffered a fractured rib and punctured lung at San Francisco on Sunday, but he returned to the game to lead an overtime win.
The Cowboys had an extra day off Wednesday, but Dallas coach Jason Garrett told Redskins reporters on a conference call that he remains hopeful that Romo will play against Washington.
"I think he's doing fine," Garrett said. "He got knocked around a little bit on Sunday, but he's getting his rehab and hopefully he'll be ready to play for this ballgame. We'll take it day to day, the next few days."
Garrett gave no specific updates on the other notable Cowboys injuries. Receiver Miles Austin aggravated a hamstring injury Sunday, starting center Phil Costa reinjured his right knee, receiver Dez Bryant has been out with a bruised thigh, and running back Jones has the ailing shoulder.
Hall was asked if Romo should just go ahead and put a target on the rib that was broken.
"He ain't got to," Hall said. "I already know where it is. We'll be all right. We find it. I'll find it."
Joseph White can be reached at http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 47
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 44
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12