WOMEN'S SOCCER: For the first time in school history the Westminster College women's soccer team is ranked in the NAIA Women's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 Poll. The third edition of the 2011 poll was released by the national office on Tuesday, and Westminster received 122 points to place 24th in the poll.
The Griffins defeated then-No. 25 Kansas Wesleyan, 5-1, on Sept. 16 to push the Coyotes out of the rankings. Behind a 6-3-0 record, Westminster has won its last two matches by a 9-2 combined score. Kansas Wesleyan was the only squad to fall out of the Top 25 this week.
For the first time this year, there is a unanimous selection at the top of the poll. No. 1 Azusa Pacific (Calif.) gathered all 22 first-place votes to take home the top ranking for the third-consecutive week. The Cougars, who posted 622 total points, will take some time off before a home match against No. 18 Point Loma Nazarene (Calif.) on Oct. 1.
The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences/independents/unaffiliated groups. The next regular-season Top 25 poll will be announced on Sept. 27.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34