WOMEN'S SOCCER: For the first time in school history the Westminster College women's soccer team is ranked in the NAIA Women's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 Poll. The third edition of the 2011 poll was released by the national office on Tuesday, and Westminster received 122 points to place 24th in the poll.
The Griffins defeated then-No. 25 Kansas Wesleyan, 5-1, on Sept. 16 to push the Coyotes out of the rankings. Behind a 6-3-0 record, Westminster has won its last two matches by a 9-2 combined score. Kansas Wesleyan was the only squad to fall out of the Top 25 this week.
For the first time this year, there is a unanimous selection at the top of the poll. No. 1 Azusa Pacific (Calif.) gathered all 22 first-place votes to take home the top ranking for the third-consecutive week. The Cougars, who posted 622 total points, will take some time off before a home match against No. 18 Point Loma Nazarene (Calif.) on Oct. 1.
The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences/independents/unaffiliated groups. The next regular-season Top 25 poll will be announced on Sept. 27.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 27
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16