LOS ANGELES — Former "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen and the studio that fired him are drawing closer to a deal to end their legal dispute.
According to a person familiar with the talks, Sheen and Warner Bros. were nearer an agreement but still at work on it Monday. The person, who was not authorized to comment publicly, spoke on condition of anonymity.
Calls to Sheen's attorney were not returned. In a statement, the studio said no deal had been reached and declined further comment.
Sheen filed a $100 million lawsuit for wrongful termination against Warner Bros. after his firing. A judge ordered arbitration.
The Los Angeles Times reports that final touches are being put on a deal that would give Sheen about $25 million to settle out of his contract.
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14