Mark J. Terrill, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Heard at the 63rd annual Primetime Emmy Awards:
"I love being your good wife and I'm so grateful you have no political aspirations." — Julianna Margulies, as she accepts the award for outstanding lead actress in drama series "The Good Wife," in which she plays a politician's wife.
"Modern Family was this close to being animated. That's how much we didn't want to work with kids." — "Modern Family" co-creator Steve Levitan acknowledging the child actors on the show as he accepts the award for outstanding comedy series.
"We are showing the world that there's absolutely nothing wrong in a relationship between an old man and a hot young woman. Looking around this room, I see many of you agree." — Steve Levitan, co-creator of "Modern Family," as he accepts the award for outstanding comedy series.
"If world needs to repopulate at some point, the announcement team of Sofia Vergara and Rob Lowe, I think, would make very fortunate children." — Jon Stewart, as he accepts the award for outstanding variety, comedy, reality series for "The Daily Show."
"I don't know what I'm going to talk about in therapy next week. I won something." — Julie Bowen, accepting the award for outstanding supporting actress in comedy series "Modern Family."
"Hello. Firstly, sorry I can't be there live in person. Not allowed. Not after the Golden Globes." — comedian Ricky Gervais, as he introduces the award for outstanding directing in a comedy series via videotape and making light of his no-holds-barred approach to hosting the last Golden Globes.
"My father passed away before he saw me perform. I can't help but wonder what he would think of all this. Every day I go to work in full makeup." — Ty Burrell as he accepts the award for outstanding supporting actor in comedy series "Modern Family."
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Teachers saved many lives during Oklahoma...
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly...
- Authorities: Man questioned in Boston bombing...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- IRS role in Obamacare adds deeper layer to...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 20
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 19
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17