Mark J. Terrill, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Heard at the 63rd annual Primetime Emmy Awards:
"I love being your good wife and I'm so grateful you have no political aspirations." — Julianna Margulies, as she accepts the award for outstanding lead actress in drama series "The Good Wife," in which she plays a politician's wife.
"Modern Family was this close to being animated. That's how much we didn't want to work with kids." — "Modern Family" co-creator Steve Levitan acknowledging the child actors on the show as he accepts the award for outstanding comedy series.
"We are showing the world that there's absolutely nothing wrong in a relationship between an old man and a hot young woman. Looking around this room, I see many of you agree." — Steve Levitan, co-creator of "Modern Family," as he accepts the award for outstanding comedy series.
"If world needs to repopulate at some point, the announcement team of Sofia Vergara and Rob Lowe, I think, would make very fortunate children." — Jon Stewart, as he accepts the award for outstanding variety, comedy, reality series for "The Daily Show."
"I don't know what I'm going to talk about in therapy next week. I won something." — Julie Bowen, accepting the award for outstanding supporting actress in comedy series "Modern Family."
"Hello. Firstly, sorry I can't be there live in person. Not allowed. Not after the Golden Globes." — comedian Ricky Gervais, as he introduces the award for outstanding directing in a comedy series via videotape and making light of his no-holds-barred approach to hosting the last Golden Globes.
"My father passed away before he saw me perform. I can't help but wonder what he would think of all this. Every day I go to work in full makeup." — Ty Burrell as he accepts the award for outstanding supporting actor in comedy series "Modern Family."
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death...
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately at...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 42
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 34
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13