Mark J. Terrill, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Heard at the 63rd annual Primetime Emmy Awards:
"I love being your good wife and I'm so grateful you have no political aspirations." — Julianna Margulies, as she accepts the award for outstanding lead actress in drama series "The Good Wife," in which she plays a politician's wife.
"Modern Family was this close to being animated. That's how much we didn't want to work with kids." — "Modern Family" co-creator Steve Levitan acknowledging the child actors on the show as he accepts the award for outstanding comedy series.
"We are showing the world that there's absolutely nothing wrong in a relationship between an old man and a hot young woman. Looking around this room, I see many of you agree." — Steve Levitan, co-creator of "Modern Family," as he accepts the award for outstanding comedy series.
"If world needs to repopulate at some point, the announcement team of Sofia Vergara and Rob Lowe, I think, would make very fortunate children." — Jon Stewart, as he accepts the award for outstanding variety, comedy, reality series for "The Daily Show."
"I don't know what I'm going to talk about in therapy next week. I won something." — Julie Bowen, accepting the award for outstanding supporting actress in comedy series "Modern Family."
"Hello. Firstly, sorry I can't be there live in person. Not allowed. Not after the Golden Globes." — comedian Ricky Gervais, as he introduces the award for outstanding directing in a comedy series via videotape and making light of his no-holds-barred approach to hosting the last Golden Globes.
"My father passed away before he saw me perform. I can't help but wonder what he would think of all this. Every day I go to work in full makeup." — Ty Burrell as he accepts the award for outstanding supporting actor in comedy series "Modern Family."
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- Obama names Stonewall national monument; 1st...
- Sanders says he'll vote for Clinton, but no...
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger to be...
- Motivational speaker Robbins' coal walk burns...
- Lucas abandons plan to build museum in...
- World doping watchdog shuts down Rio Olympic...
- Officials: No evidence Orlando gunman was gay
- House Republicans' report faults Obama... 50
- In need of help, Trump finds few... 39
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 36
- Did Trump really just become a... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26