Ashley National Forest completes bridge replacement projects along Red Cloud Loop
VERNAL — Bridge replacement projects along the Red Cloud Loop Road are complete.
The bridge over the North Fork of Ashley Creek was replaced last winter, and additional work that included paving of the approaches to the bridge was completed in August.
The bridge over Big Brush Creek has been replaced and opened Sept. 9. With the opening of this bridge the Red Cloud Loop Road between Iron Springs and Kaler Hollow is open, completing Red Cloud Loop.
The culvert over Reader Creek along the road to Chepeta Lake is being replaced, and the road will remain closed about one mile from the trailhead.
A parking area for vehicles has been established before the construction site to accommodate access to the High Uintas Wilderness Area from the Chepeta Lake area.
Ashley National Forest invested more than $500,000 dollars on bridge and culvert replacement projects in 2011 that provide for public safety and unrestricted fish passage.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Woman stole van, but returned after finding...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 63
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 29
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18