Ashley National Forest completes bridge replacement projects along Red Cloud Loop
VERNAL — Bridge replacement projects along the Red Cloud Loop Road are complete.
The bridge over the North Fork of Ashley Creek was replaced last winter, and additional work that included paving of the approaches to the bridge was completed in August.
The bridge over Big Brush Creek has been replaced and opened Sept. 9. With the opening of this bridge the Red Cloud Loop Road between Iron Springs and Kaler Hollow is open, completing Red Cloud Loop.
The culvert over Reader Creek along the road to Chepeta Lake is being replaced, and the road will remain closed about one mile from the trailhead.
A parking area for vehicles has been established before the construction site to accommodate access to the High Uintas Wilderness Area from the Chepeta Lake area.
Ashley National Forest invested more than $500,000 dollars on bridge and culvert replacement projects in 2011 that provide for public safety and unrestricted fish passage.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13