Mel Evans, Associated Press
NEWARK, N.J. — Nicole Powell scored 19 points, Plenette Pierson had 15 and the New York Liberty beat the Indiana Fever 87-72 Saturday to even their best-of-three Eastern Conference semifinal series.
Cappie Pondexter scored 14, Essence Carson had 12 and Kia Vaughn 10 for New York, which bounced back from a 74-72 loss in Game 1. The Liberty shot 50 percent from the field (30 for 60) and were 20 for 21 on free throws.
Katie Douglas scored 20 points and Shavonte Zellous had 13 for the Fever. Indiana leading scorer Tamika Catchings was held to two points on 1-for-8 shooting from the field.
Game 3 is Monday night in Indianapolis.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 150
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 29
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27