Mel Evans, Associated Press
NEWARK, N.J. — Nicole Powell scored 19 points, Plenette Pierson had 15 and the New York Liberty beat the Indiana Fever 87-72 Saturday to even their best-of-three Eastern Conference semifinal series.
Cappie Pondexter scored 14, Essence Carson had 12 and Kia Vaughn 10 for New York, which bounced back from a 74-72 loss in Game 1. The Liberty shot 50 percent from the field (30 for 60) and were 20 for 21 on free throws.
Katie Douglas scored 20 points and Shavonte Zellous had 13 for the Fever. Indiana leading scorer Tamika Catchings was held to two points on 1-for-8 shooting from the field.
Game 3 is Monday night in Indianapolis.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32