DENVER — Two men accused of driving around with a dead friend and using his ATM card to withdraw $400 at a strip club are charged with abusing a corpse, identity theft and criminal impersonation.
Robert Young and Mark Rubinson are free on bond but couldn't be reached for comment.
It's unclear how Jeffrey Jarrett died, but the men aren't charged in his death.
An affidavit accuses the pair of a real-life version of the film "Weekend at Bernie's" — leaving Jarrett's body in the car while they drank at a bar on his tab last month.
Investigators allege the men stopped at a restaurant, dropped his body off at his home and then headed to the strip club before reporting Jarrett's death. The case was first reported by The Denver Post.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5