Joseph F. Smith Building Gallery (BYU campus, Provo) — "Educating the Soul: Our Zion Tradition of Learning by Faith," featuring videos, antiques, facsimiles, photographs and letters. The exhibit is on permanent display.
Kimball Art Center (638 Park Ave., Park City, 435-649-8882) — "Horizons," by Lori Campbell and "In Betweens: Work by MFA Visual Arts Students from the University of Utah," through Sept. 25. Also, "Detour Art-Outsider, Folk Art and Visionary Environments Coast to Coast, Art and Photographs from the Collection of Kelly Ludwig," through Nov. 27.
Lee Fine Art (608 Main, Park City, 435-655-3264) — Art by Jared Sanders and Joseph Alleman.
Mary Elizabeth Dee Shaw Gallery (Weber State University, Ogden, 801-626-6455) — "The Industrial Sublime," by Edward Burtynsky, through Nov. 22.
Moab Art Works (11 N. Main, Suite No. 2, Moab, 435-259-3010) — "I'll Be Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind," by Brian Parkin.
Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum (645 E. 1430 North, Provo, 801-422-5051) — "Into Africa: Exploring Nature's Interactions."
Mountain Place Gallery (129 N. Main, Logan, 435-752-0211) — "Pioneers, Portraits and Prairies," by Russ Fjeldsted.
Museum of Peoples and Cultures (BYU, 700 N. 100 East, Provo, 801-422-0020) — "New Lives: Building Community at Fourmile Ruin."
Repartee Gallery (4801 N. University Ave., Riverwoods, Provo) — Highlighting work by James C. Christensen, Kurt Knudsen, Barbara Lyman, Jack Morford, Greg Olsen and more. Also, original works in oil and watercolor, sculpture, pottery, stained glass and more.
Sears Art Museum Gallery (225 S. 700 East, St. George, 435-652-7905) — "Lost Highway," by Tom Judd, through Oct. 10.
Springville Museum of Art (126 E. 400 S., Springville, 801-489-2727) — "Exploring Utah," through Nov. 8. Utah County Art Gallery (151 S. University Ave., Provo, www.utahcountyartgallery.com) — Artist Corner Student Exhibit.
Thatcher-Young Mansion (35 W. 100 South, Logan, 435-752-0026) — Photography by David Hash and the Cache Valley Photographers, through Sept. 31.
Woodbury Art Museum (575 W. University Parkway, Orem, 801-863-4200) — "Art of Our Century," by various artists, through Sept. 23.
*Members of the Salt Lake Gallery Association
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Alicia Keys is asking a simple question to...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Why do we love bad movies?
- 18th annual Golden Years Pageant offers mix...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's... 3
- Actress detained by police refuses to... 1
- Why do we love bad movies? 1
- ‘Kung Fu Panda’ director to... 1
- Alicia Keys is asking a simple question... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap... 1