Utah (1-1) at BYU (1-1)
Saturday, 7:15 p.m. MT
LaVell Edwards Stadium (64,045)
Radio: 1160 AM, 700 AM, 102.7 FM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 70 degrees
For Utah . . . The Utes have won half of the past four games against BYU in Provo. The last victory, however, was a 41-34 overtime decision in 2005.
For BYU . . . The Cougars are seeking a second win this season over a team from a BCS conference, something they've done only six times since 1984.
For Utah . . . The Utes are trying to avoid having a losing record for the first time since sporting a 2-3 mark before a 44-35 victory at Louisville on Oct. 5, 2007.
For BYU . . . The Cougars have posted first-quarter shutouts in seven of their past eight games. The exception? A field goal by UTEP in the New Mexico Bowl.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
JAKE HEAPS, BYU: The highly touted sophomore is of to a slow start with more interceptions (three) than touchdown passes (two) after two games.
JORDAN WYNN, UTAH: Questions about his surgically repaired shoulder linger after passing for only 339 yards in first two games of the season.
OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS NORM CHOW AND BRANDON DOMAN: Neither has been able to ignite their offenses since taking over this season. Will one of them have a breakthrough in the Rivalry Game?
UTAH: RB Tauni Vakapuna (ankle) and FB Shawn Asiata (hamstring) are expected to play after being sidelined last week.
BYU: LB Brandon Ogletree (concussion), S Mike Hague (cracked ribs) and LB Jordan Pendleton (ankle) are expected to play.
Utah has a bye next week before hosting Washington on Oct. 1. BYU hosts Central Florida on Friday (ESPN, 6 p.m.).
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48