Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The BYU-Utah rivalry has grown very intense and even ugly through the years. Too often a vocal minority speaks the loudest regarding the sentiments both programs and schools have for one another.
With that in mind, we visited the BYU campus to get some student thoughts on the rivalry. We also challenged them to find it within their hearts to say something nice about their most bitter of rivals.
While some students struggled to find something nice to say, most of the students we encountered had no problem doing so. What we found is that there are a lot of ties between the two programs and even some fond sentiments despite the feelings expressed by the vocal minority.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20