Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The BYU-Utah rivalry has grown very intense and even ugly through the years. Too often a vocal minority speaks the loudest regarding the sentiments both programs and schools have for one another.
With that in mind, we visited the BYU campus to get some student thoughts on the rivalry. We also challenged them to find it within their hearts to say something nice about their most bitter of rivals.
While some students struggled to find something nice to say, most of the students we encountered had no problem doing so. What we found is that there are a lot of ties between the two programs and even some fond sentiments despite the feelings expressed by the vocal minority.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26