LAS VEGAS — Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is turning to Twitter to promote his party's jobs plan.
Reid is scheduled to host his first virtual town hall on the social networking site Wednesday afternoon.
Reid's staffers in recent days have encouraged people to send the nation's most powerful senator questions on Twitter.
Reid will answer some of the questions in his 30-minute town hall.
The exchange will be streamed on the internet. Reid's answers will also be posted on his Twitter account.
Reid is expected to promote the Democrat's plan to heal the wounded economy during the Twitter chat. Reid has endorsed President Barack Obama's jobs plan.
Reid represents Nevada, which has the highest unemployment rate in the nation at 12.9 percent.
The national jobless rate is 9.1 percent.
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- This type of high school can increase your...
- CDC to revise Ebola protocol, Pentagon preps...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 18
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 16
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14