LAS VEGAS — Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is turning to Twitter to promote his party's jobs plan.
Reid is scheduled to host his first virtual town hall on the social networking site Wednesday afternoon.
Reid's staffers in recent days have encouraged people to send the nation's most powerful senator questions on Twitter.
Reid will answer some of the questions in his 30-minute town hall.
The exchange will be streamed on the internet. Reid's answers will also be posted on his Twitter account.
Reid is expected to promote the Democrat's plan to heal the wounded economy during the Twitter chat. Reid has endorsed President Barack Obama's jobs plan.
Reid represents Nevada, which has the highest unemployment rate in the nation at 12.9 percent.
The national jobless rate is 9.1 percent.
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Former South African President Nelson Mandela...
- 1 child dead in Idaho elementary school bus...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 103
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 27
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23