LAS VEGAS — Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is turning to Twitter to promote his party's jobs plan.
Reid is scheduled to host his first virtual town hall on the social networking site Wednesday afternoon.
Reid's staffers in recent days have encouraged people to send the nation's most powerful senator questions on Twitter.
Reid will answer some of the questions in his 30-minute town hall.
The exchange will be streamed on the internet. Reid's answers will also be posted on his Twitter account.
Reid is expected to promote the Democrat's plan to heal the wounded economy during the Twitter chat. Reid has endorsed President Barack Obama's jobs plan.
Reid represents Nevada, which has the highest unemployment rate in the nation at 12.9 percent.
The national jobless rate is 9.1 percent.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Top 15 states for education
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 11
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6