LAS VEGAS — Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is turning to Twitter to promote his party's jobs plan.
Reid is scheduled to host his first virtual town hall on the social networking site Wednesday afternoon.
Reid's staffers in recent days have encouraged people to send the nation's most powerful senator questions on Twitter.
Reid will answer some of the questions in his 30-minute town hall.
The exchange will be streamed on the internet. Reid's answers will also be posted on his Twitter account.
Reid is expected to promote the Democrat's plan to heal the wounded economy during the Twitter chat. Reid has endorsed President Barack Obama's jobs plan.
Reid represents Nevada, which has the highest unemployment rate in the nation at 12.9 percent.
The national jobless rate is 9.1 percent.
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl and sex...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9...
- Manhattan crane topples into street killing...
- Florida readies for a fight with Zika virus
- Va. Tech murder suspects left few clues to...
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and Cruz...
- This week in history: John C. Frémont is...
- Brazil health official confirm Zika spread...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 28
- Cruz tops Trump in Iowa; Clinton,... 22
- Obama pushes for every child to learn... 21
- Cruz, Rubio eye NH momentum as Dems... 15
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Americans are packing classes in how to... 12
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quits 2016 GOP... 12
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 10