LAS VEGAS — Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is turning to Twitter to promote his party's jobs plan.
Reid is scheduled to host his first virtual town hall on the social networking site Wednesday afternoon.
Reid's staffers in recent days have encouraged people to send the nation's most powerful senator questions on Twitter.
Reid will answer some of the questions in his 30-minute town hall.
The exchange will be streamed on the internet. Reid's answers will also be posted on his Twitter account.
Reid is expected to promote the Democrat's plan to heal the wounded economy during the Twitter chat. Reid has endorsed President Barack Obama's jobs plan.
Reid represents Nevada, which has the highest unemployment rate in the nation at 12.9 percent.
The national jobless rate is 9.1 percent.
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- Feds release sage grouse conservation plans...
- South Africa shaken by FIFA corruption probe
- Study says girls seek sisterhood in the...
- Administration asks skeptical judge to toss...
- Psychiatrist: Colorado theater shooter 'knew...
- What is the most Hawaiian movie set in...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Gays wake up to changed Ireland, let... 12
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 11
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 9
- Census: Number of Americans on public... 8