Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
COLUMBUS, Ohio — President Barack Obama is challenging Congress to pass his jobs bill immediately, asking lawmakers, "What on earth are we waiting for?"
Speaking at a school in House Speaker John Boehner's home state of Ohio, Obama is highlighting one element of the jobs plan that would devote $25 billion of new spending to school construction and modernization.
Obama says the school renovation plan would put tens of thousands of construction workers in Ohio back to work.
The president sent his $447 billion jobs bill to Congress on Monday.
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Deaths in storm drains raise safety issue
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 25
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 11