Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
COLUMBUS, Ohio — President Barack Obama is challenging Congress to pass his jobs bill immediately, asking lawmakers, "What on earth are we waiting for?"
Speaking at a school in House Speaker John Boehner's home state of Ohio, Obama is highlighting one element of the jobs plan that would devote $25 billion of new spending to school construction and modernization.
Obama says the school renovation plan would put tens of thousands of construction workers in Ohio back to work.
The president sent his $447 billion jobs bill to Congress on Monday.
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 19
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 18
- Research: Native American genes have... 14