Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
COLUMBUS, Ohio — President Barack Obama is challenging Congress to pass his jobs bill immediately, asking lawmakers, "What on earth are we waiting for?"
Speaking at a school in House Speaker John Boehner's home state of Ohio, Obama is highlighting one element of the jobs plan that would devote $25 billion of new spending to school construction and modernization.
Obama says the school renovation plan would put tens of thousands of construction workers in Ohio back to work.
The president sent his $447 billion jobs bill to Congress on Monday.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- Be ready for 'prolonged' Gaza war, Netanyahu...
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10