Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
COLUMBUS, Ohio — President Barack Obama is challenging Congress to pass his jobs bill immediately, asking lawmakers, "What on earth are we waiting for?"
Speaking at a school in House Speaker John Boehner's home state of Ohio, Obama is highlighting one element of the jobs plan that would devote $25 billion of new spending to school construction and modernization.
Obama says the school renovation plan would put tens of thousands of construction workers in Ohio back to work.
The president sent his $447 billion jobs bill to Congress on Monday.
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- US delivers military aid to Lebanese army
- Washington city fights to keep legal...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14