Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
COLUMBUS, Ohio — President Barack Obama is challenging Congress to pass his jobs bill immediately, asking lawmakers, "What on earth are we waiting for?"
Speaking at a school in House Speaker John Boehner's home state of Ohio, Obama is highlighting one element of the jobs plan that would devote $25 billion of new spending to school construction and modernization.
Obama says the school renovation plan would put tens of thousands of construction workers in Ohio back to work.
The president sent his $447 billion jobs bill to Congress on Monday.
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- No gray area: Beliefs shape firm, disparate...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- Study claims cave art made by Neanderthals
- AP Analysis: Putin digs in for long Ukraine...
- 32 teens escape from Nashville detention center
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants... 18
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 17
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- US judge blocks enforcement of new... 9