"Rick Perry has cost Mitt Romney his lead in the polls but made him a better candidate and potentially, a more formidable nominee," read the Alantic's piece. "The former Massachusetts governor, long disparaged as a fragile frontrunner for the nomination, is showing a spark that seemed elusive when he topped the national polls. He delivered his second confident debate performance against Perry on Monday, raising more questions about the Texas governor's position on Social Security even as Perry tried to close out the discussion by vowing the benefits were 'slam-dunk guaranteed' for current recipients."
Meanwhile, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman made headlines after questioning both Perry and Romney's back and forth over Social Security. In pressing his fellow governors, he even made a pop culture reference in an effort to poke fun at Mitt Romney's book "No Apology."
"I don't think anything should be off the table except maybe some of the drama that's been on this floor today," Huntsman said. "I don't know if that (Romney's book) was written by Kurt Cobain or not."
"The former governor of Utah was alluding to Romney's book, 'No Apology,' which sounds only slightly similar to Nirvana's 1993 song 'All Apologies,'" wrote Laura Donovan from The Daily Caller. "The single was written by the band's frontman Kurt Cobain, who took his own life a year later."
While not fielding as many questions as Perry and Romney, Huntsman showed some stage presence and spoke forcefully at times," according to Politico's Maggie Haberman. Yet, she also said that he "gave a disjointed answer to an audience questioner who asked about women in Afghanistan."
- Over 100 missing, 14 dead as strong quake...
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl and sex...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9...
- Manhattan crane topples into street killing...
- Florida readies for a fight with Zika virus
- Lindsey Vonn wins women's World Cup downhill
- Pope's sex abuse panel tells survivor to take...
- Va. Tech murder suspects left few clues to...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 28
- Cruz tops Trump in Iowa; Clinton,... 22
- Obama pushes for every child to learn... 21
- Cruz, Rubio eye NH momentum as Dems... 15
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Americans are packing classes in how to... 12
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quits 2016 GOP... 12
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 10