Jazz hire Rich Sheubrooks for new global pro scouting director position
SALT LAKE CITY — Enes Kanter and Alec Burks won't be the only newcomers to the Utah Jazz organization this year.
While the NBA remains in lockout mode, the Jazz hired Rich Sheubrooks for their new position as the executive director of global pro scouting. He'll be in charge of scouting international players and leagues.
"We feel fortunate to be able to bring someone in with as much international experience as Rich has," Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor said in a news release. "Rich's knowledge and background can be a real asset to the Jazz organization in what has clearly become a global game."
Sheubrooks held a similar position with the Charlotte Bobcats for the past four years and with the Memphis Grizzlies the six years before that.
He is also a respected basketball figure internationally, having helped organize the popular Nike Hoop Summit for the past 14 years. That basketball event includes a game between the U.S. men's junior national select team and a world team with top international players 19-and-under.
Sheubrooks earned collegiate degrees at Texas A&M campuses, but he has lived in Europe the past 12 years. He has a home in Lake Norman, N.C., but lives in Barcelona, Spain.
The scout has coaching experience as well, having served as head coach at Texas A&I University (now Texas A&M Kingsville) from 1976-79. Prior to that, he was an assistant at Texas A&I and Midwestern State.
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 56
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 54
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 43
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 16