Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
"I'm still kind of dealing with this one. But next week will be a tough one. It always is against those guys," Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn said after the Utes dropped the inaugural Pac-12 game. "As a team we've got to forget about this one as quickly as possible. Obviously there's going to be some frustration over the weekend, but the worst thing you can do as a team is let this hang over."
It's something, he added, that the leaders and captains have to make sure doesn't happen.
"We'll watch this tape and learn from it," Wynn said. "I know I will and we'll just keep going."
When asked if Utah and BYU losing close games Saturday (the Cougars fell at Texas, 17-16) added any fuel to the upcoming meeting in Provo, wide receiver DeVonte Christopher said no.
"That rivalry doesn't need anything," he responded.
The next game does, however, have extra meaning for the Utes — but for another reason.
"For us, it's another opportunity for us to go out and play together, try to get a 'W' and try to get this taste out of our mouths," Christopher said. "That's all we're looking forward to."
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Peavler: 3 is a magic number for BYU after...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 111
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 71
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 46
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45