Tom Smart, Deseret News
Jimmer Fredette's exhibition series has been scaled back from two games to one.
Jimmer's All-Stars Presented by Zions Bank announced Saturday that the exhibition games featuring Fredette and other 2011 NBA draftees will be consolidated into one game, at the Marriott Center in Provo on Sept. 22. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. MT.
Organizers of the event said that fans who have already purchased tickets for the game previously scheduled in Salt Lake City can either receive a comparable ticket in Provo or receive a full refund at the ticket point of purchase.
"In the best interest of creating an exciting basketball atmosphere and great fan experience, we are consolidating into a one night only game in Provo," said Octagon executive Tom George. "We apologize to any Salt Lake City ticket holders and will quickly accommodate them for the inconvenience.. With Jimmer and the cast of other top rookies, this game in Provo will certainly be a great environment for competitive basketball that fans will not want to miss."
Kemba Walker, Nolan Smith, Kawhi Leonard and former BYU guard Jackson Emery will participate in the game along with Fredette. The other players will be announced Monday, organizers said.
The game will be broadcast by BYUtv and KSL radio.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35