Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann will be Jay Leno's guest on the Sept. 16 "Tonight Show," the Associated Press reports.
"A Bachmann spokesman confirmed the Minnesota congresswoman will appear next Friday on NBC's 'Tonight Show.' Bachmann will be in Los Angeles to deliver a long-planned speech to the California GOP's state convention."
USA Today blogger Catalina Camia notes Leno's penchant for poking fun at Bachmann, including her "flubbing of history — saying the Revolutionary War battles of Lexington and Concord took place in New Hampshire, not in Massachusetts — and her signing of a pledge against gay marriage that she didn't read."
Before heading to Hollywood, Bachmann planned to undertake a decidedly lower-profile campaign event: tailgating on Sept. 10 in Ames, Iowa, ahead of the college football game between Iowa and Iowa State.
"Anyone who wishes to see Bachmann can locate her by finding the red and yellow 'Bachmann for President' blimp tethered to the (state Sen. Jack) Whitver tailgate spot," Iowa State Daily reported.
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 14
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13