Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann will be Jay Leno's guest on the Sept. 16 "Tonight Show," the Associated Press reports.
"A Bachmann spokesman confirmed the Minnesota congresswoman will appear next Friday on NBC's 'Tonight Show.' Bachmann will be in Los Angeles to deliver a long-planned speech to the California GOP's state convention."
USA Today blogger Catalina Camia notes Leno's penchant for poking fun at Bachmann, including her "flubbing of history — saying the Revolutionary War battles of Lexington and Concord took place in New Hampshire, not in Massachusetts — and her signing of a pledge against gay marriage that she didn't read."
Before heading to Hollywood, Bachmann planned to undertake a decidedly lower-profile campaign event: tailgating on Sept. 10 in Ames, Iowa, ahead of the college football game between Iowa and Iowa State.
"Anyone who wishes to see Bachmann can locate her by finding the red and yellow 'Bachmann for President' blimp tethered to the (state Sen. Jack) Whitver tailgate spot," Iowa State Daily reported.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- NFL says Husain Abdullah should not have been...
- At least 31 believed dead at Japanese volcano...
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic State threat
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be stopped,...
- Game officials: Antelope poached near Casper
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 23
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 13
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 9
- Parents of Michael Brown unmoved by... 7