Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann will be Jay Leno's guest on the Sept. 16 "Tonight Show," the Associated Press reports.
"A Bachmann spokesman confirmed the Minnesota congresswoman will appear next Friday on NBC's 'Tonight Show.' Bachmann will be in Los Angeles to deliver a long-planned speech to the California GOP's state convention."
USA Today blogger Catalina Camia notes Leno's penchant for poking fun at Bachmann, including her "flubbing of history — saying the Revolutionary War battles of Lexington and Concord took place in New Hampshire, not in Massachusetts — and her signing of a pledge against gay marriage that she didn't read."
Before heading to Hollywood, Bachmann planned to undertake a decidedly lower-profile campaign event: tailgating on Sept. 10 in Ames, Iowa, ahead of the college football game between Iowa and Iowa State.
"Anyone who wishes to see Bachmann can locate her by finding the red and yellow 'Bachmann for President' blimp tethered to the (state Sen. Jack) Whitver tailgate spot," Iowa State Daily reported.
- Watch live at the Democratic National Convention
- Wish granted: Six-year-old boy will be...
- 2 suicide car bombs near UN offices kill 13...
- Afghan official says major offensive against...
- 2 attackers slay priest in Normandy church,...
- Letter foretold Japan rampage that killed 19...
- Historic solar flight marks first...
- Judge set to decide on $15B Volkswagen...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 84
- Hillary Clinton promises steady hand in... 56
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 43
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 41
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34