Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann will be Jay Leno's guest on the Sept. 16 "Tonight Show," the Associated Press reports.
"A Bachmann spokesman confirmed the Minnesota congresswoman will appear next Friday on NBC's 'Tonight Show.' Bachmann will be in Los Angeles to deliver a long-planned speech to the California GOP's state convention."
USA Today blogger Catalina Camia notes Leno's penchant for poking fun at Bachmann, including her "flubbing of history — saying the Revolutionary War battles of Lexington and Concord took place in New Hampshire, not in Massachusetts — and her signing of a pledge against gay marriage that she didn't read."
Before heading to Hollywood, Bachmann planned to undertake a decidedly lower-profile campaign event: tailgating on Sept. 10 in Ames, Iowa, ahead of the college football game between Iowa and Iowa State.
"Anyone who wishes to see Bachmann can locate her by finding the red and yellow 'Bachmann for President' blimp tethered to the (state Sen. Jack) Whitver tailgate spot," Iowa State Daily reported.
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris...
- Police: Fugitive killed Florida officer
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 17
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 9
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8