Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann will be Jay Leno's guest on the Sept. 16 "Tonight Show," the Associated Press reports.
"A Bachmann spokesman confirmed the Minnesota congresswoman will appear next Friday on NBC's 'Tonight Show.' Bachmann will be in Los Angeles to deliver a long-planned speech to the California GOP's state convention."
USA Today blogger Catalina Camia notes Leno's penchant for poking fun at Bachmann, including her "flubbing of history — saying the Revolutionary War battles of Lexington and Concord took place in New Hampshire, not in Massachusetts — and her signing of a pledge against gay marriage that she didn't read."
Before heading to Hollywood, Bachmann planned to undertake a decidedly lower-profile campaign event: tailgating on Sept. 10 in Ames, Iowa, ahead of the college football game between Iowa and Iowa State.
"Anyone who wishes to see Bachmann can locate her by finding the red and yellow 'Bachmann for President' blimp tethered to the (state Sen. Jack) Whitver tailgate spot," Iowa State Daily reported.
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs Hillary...
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of police...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- Friend disputes Denver police account of...
- Blizzard-stricken East digs out amid forecast...
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 24
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 15
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 12
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 12
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11