Ed Reinke, Associated Press
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Winston Fraser returned an interception 71 yards, and T.Y. Hilton scored touchdowns on his first two catches as FIU upset Louisville 24-17 on Friday night, the Panthers' first win in six tries against the Big East Conference.
The Panthers (2-0) never trailed as Fraser stepped in front of a pass by Will Stein and ran up the left sideline for the TD midway through the first quarter. Hilton had a school-record 201 yards receiving, and the Panthers had five sacks and two turnovers in the big win for the defending Sun Belt Conference champs.
Louisville (1-1) had never played FIU before, and the Cardinals had been 25-8 against nonconference opponents since joining the Big East in 2005.
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 8