Ed Reinke, Associated Press
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Winston Fraser returned an interception 71 yards, and T.Y. Hilton scored touchdowns on his first two catches as FIU upset Louisville 24-17 on Friday night, the Panthers' first win in six tries against the Big East Conference.
The Panthers (2-0) never trailed as Fraser stepped in front of a pass by Will Stein and ran up the left sideline for the TD midway through the first quarter. Hilton had a school-record 201 yards receiving, and the Panthers had five sacks and two turnovers in the big win for the defending Sun Belt Conference champs.
Louisville (1-1) had never played FIU before, and the Cardinals had been 25-8 against nonconference opponents since joining the Big East in 2005.
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Police: Student ate more pot than recommended...
- How does the world feel about morals and...
- Dirty creek, old purse solve four-decade...
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 26
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 18