"It's exciting. I grew up going to many USC games. I've seen the atmosphere that the Coliseum provides," he said while mentioning the drums and USC fight song that will be played throughout the game. "It'll get me excited. To go there as the away team will be fun."
As for the game itself, both Whittingham and Kiffin used the term "chess match" in discussing strategy. The teams haven't crossed paths since the 2001 Las Vegas Bowl.
Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow, however, is fresh off a stint at UCLA and may have some valuable insight on the Trojans.
"We just have to do whatever it takes to win," he said.
After months of anticipation and speculation, the Utes are ready to kick things off in the Pac-12. First stop: USC.
"We just want to play them," Cullen said. "We're sick of hearing about it. Alright, let's get on the field with these guys."
Utes on the air
at USC (1-0)
today, 5: 30 p.m.
TV: Versus Radio: 700 AM
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 101
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19