Gov. Rick Perry campaigns for the presidency with an expressed philosophy that the federal government should allow the states to take care of themselves and that the federal government should "be irrelevant in our lives."
But now with the tragic fires in Texas he complains bitterly that that same "evil" government is too slow to respond with assistance to Texas. He obviously (like too many politicians) does not believe his own rhetoric.
What the tea-party people seem to really believe is, "don't bother me or help anyone else, but send money for my needs."
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 51
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 39
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 26