Gov. Rick Perry campaigns for the presidency with an expressed philosophy that the federal government should allow the states to take care of themselves and that the federal government should "be irrelevant in our lives."
But now with the tragic fires in Texas he complains bitterly that that same "evil" government is too slow to respond with assistance to Texas. He obviously (like too many politicians) does not believe his own rhetoric.
What the tea-party people seem to really believe is, "don't bother me or help anyone else, but send money for my needs."
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25