ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — New Jersey Nets point guard Deron Williams has arrived in Istanbul to start his stint with Turkish basketball team Besiktas.
The Istanbul-based club said the All-Star guard arrived Thursday together with his family. Williams has joined Besiktas until the end of the NBA lockout. Williams averaged 20.1 points and 10.3 assists for the Nets and the Utah Jazz last season.
Besiktas signed Allen Iverson last season, but the former NBA MVP only played 10 games because of injury.
Other NBA players that have signed to play in the Turkish league include Nets guard Sasha Vujacic, Darius Songaila of the Philadelphia 76ers and Nets draft pick Bojan Bogdanovic.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43