PROVO — John L. Sorenson will speak on "Mormon's Sources" at the second biennial Book of Mormon Lecture, sponsored by Brigham Young University's Laura F. Willes Center for Book of Mormon Studies at 7 p.m. on Sept. 8 in the Assembly Hall of the Gordon B. Hinckley Center on the BYU campus. The lecture is free.
Sorenson is one of the most prolific contributors to Book of Mormon publications. Sorenson is an emeritus professor of anthropology at BYU and was closely involved with the Foundation of Ancient Research and Mormon Studies for 28 years, including five years as editor of the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies. He has published more than 200 books and articles, including "Mormon's Map" and "Images of Ancient America," both published by FARMS at BYU. But perhaps his most widely known book is "An Ancient American Setting for the Book of Mormon."
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 20
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5