PROVO — John L. Sorenson will speak on "Mormon's Sources" at the second biennial Book of Mormon Lecture, sponsored by Brigham Young University's Laura F. Willes Center for Book of Mormon Studies at 7 p.m. on Sept. 8 in the Assembly Hall of the Gordon B. Hinckley Center on the BYU campus. The lecture is free.
Sorenson is one of the most prolific contributors to Book of Mormon publications. Sorenson is an emeritus professor of anthropology at BYU and was closely involved with the Foundation of Ancient Research and Mormon Studies for 28 years, including five years as editor of the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies. He has published more than 200 books and articles, including "Mormon's Map" and "Images of Ancient America," both published by FARMS at BYU. But perhaps his most widely known book is "An Ancient American Setting for the Book of Mormon."
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 165
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- General Women's Session focuses on... 10
- State bills to protect religious... 9