PROVO — John L. Sorenson will speak on "Mormon's Sources" at the second biennial Book of Mormon Lecture, sponsored by Brigham Young University's Laura F. Willes Center for Book of Mormon Studies at 7 p.m. on Sept. 8 in the Assembly Hall of the Gordon B. Hinckley Center on the BYU campus. The lecture is free.
Sorenson is one of the most prolific contributors to Book of Mormon publications. Sorenson is an emeritus professor of anthropology at BYU and was closely involved with the Foundation of Ancient Research and Mormon Studies for 28 years, including five years as editor of the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies. He has published more than 200 books and articles, including "Mormon's Map" and "Images of Ancient America," both published by FARMS at BYU. But perhaps his most widely known book is "An Ancient American Setting for the Book of Mormon."
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 91
- LDS Church releases video about... 45
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 28
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6