LAS VEGAS — The 51s pounded out 18 hits in Las Vegas' 11-8 victory over the Salt Lake Bees on Saturday night.
Las Vegas jumped out in front on Salt Lake starter Bear Bay with three runs in the second on a two run homer by Jayson Nix and RBI single by Adeiny Hechavarria, two in the third on a home run by Ricardo Nanita and one in the fourth before the Bees rallied with five runs in the fifth to pull to within one run.
The 51s answered with three in the bottom of the fifth and held on despite a solo homer by Rian Kiniry and a two run shot by Jon Karcich, both of which were their first of their career at the triple-A level.
Bay (8-11) took the loss, as he allowed seven runs on twelve hits in four and one-third innings. Kiniry led the Bees with four hits and one run batted in, while Karcich added two hits and three RBI. Alexi Amarista added two hits and one RBI, as Las Vegas picks up their eighth consecutive win over Salt Lake.
Owlz win in 9th; Raptors fall
Casper, Wyo. — Taylor Lindsey singled in the game-winning run in the top of the ninth inning to lift the Orem Owlz to a 4-3 victory over the Casper Ghosts on Saturday night.
The Owlz battled back from a 3-1 deficit. They tied it in the seventh by scoring on a wild pitch and a sacrifice fly by Francisco Sosa.
CHUKARS 6, RAPTORS 2: At Idaho Falls, the game got away from the Raptors when they allowed five runs in the sixth.
Taylorsville High graduate Tyler Chism hit a solo home run for the Chukars.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 21
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14