LAS VEGAS — The 51s pounded out 18 hits in Las Vegas' 11-8 victory over the Salt Lake Bees on Saturday night.
Las Vegas jumped out in front on Salt Lake starter Bear Bay with three runs in the second on a two run homer by Jayson Nix and RBI single by Adeiny Hechavarria, two in the third on a home run by Ricardo Nanita and one in the fourth before the Bees rallied with five runs in the fifth to pull to within one run.
The 51s answered with three in the bottom of the fifth and held on despite a solo homer by Rian Kiniry and a two run shot by Jon Karcich, both of which were their first of their career at the triple-A level.
Bay (8-11) took the loss, as he allowed seven runs on twelve hits in four and one-third innings. Kiniry led the Bees with four hits and one run batted in, while Karcich added two hits and three RBI. Alexi Amarista added two hits and one RBI, as Las Vegas picks up their eighth consecutive win over Salt Lake.
Owlz win in 9th; Raptors fall
Casper, Wyo. — Taylor Lindsey singled in the game-winning run in the top of the ninth inning to lift the Orem Owlz to a 4-3 victory over the Casper Ghosts on Saturday night.
The Owlz battled back from a 3-1 deficit. They tied it in the seventh by scoring on a wild pitch and a sacrifice fly by Francisco Sosa.
CHUKARS 6, RAPTORS 2: At Idaho Falls, the game got away from the Raptors when they allowed five runs in the sixth.
Taylorsville High graduate Tyler Chism hit a solo home run for the Chukars.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48