Luke Hansen, All
TUPELO, Miss. — The BYU football team held their first fireside of the season at the Tupelo Mississippi Stake Center on Friday night.
The chapel and cultural hall were completely filled, people were sitting on the floor at the front of the chapel. The primary room, Relief Society room and high council room were also completely packed, with people sitting in the halls and crammed into the foyers to listen.
At the start of the meeting Mayor Jack Reed of Tupelo presented the Key to the City to BYU President Cecil O. Samuelson.
"Winning is secondary to what we're doing here tonight," said head coach Bronco Mendenhall.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16