SALT LAKE CITY — Ballet West will host its 11th annual season sneak preview event, "Curtain Up," on Sept. 8 and 9 at 7:30 p.m. at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, in downtown Salt Lake City.
"Curtain Up" provides the opportunity to learn about Ballet West's upcoming 2011-12 season and mingle with Ballet West dancers.
According to a news release, the focus of this year's "Curtain Up" will be on six original works-in-progress, choreographed by Ballet West dancers, which are competing to be on the season's "Innovations" program in May 2012. During "Curtain Up," these six Ballet West dancers will discuss their creative process, and audience members will have the opportunity to vote for the three works they want to see on next spring's program. The winners will be announced on Ballet West's website later.
Admission to "Curtain Up" is $5. Seating is limited, and reservations are accepted in the order in which they are received. For reservations, visit www.balletwest.org.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- BYU Broadcasting wins 13 more Emmys for...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- Marvel superheroes power up 'Disney Infinity...
- TLC cancels its 'Honey Boo Boo' series
- Pumpkins grown at prison delivered to children
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Old-fashioned soda shops making... 3
- San Francisco radio stations ban hit... 2
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap? 2
- Oh, Internet. Why you gotta be so rude?... 1
- Classic films to help make your... 1
- Foreign films lead new movies on... 1
- Horror cliches abound in tedious 'Ouija' 1