Veteran newsman Tom Brokaw will join the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square for a "Music and the Spoken Word" special that will be broadcast on Sunday, Sept. 11.
The special, "9/11: Rising Above," will commemorate the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the United States.
"The message of this show is that — as individuals and as a nation — we can find healing and strength in adversity and literally rise above all the negatives," choir director Mack Wilberg said.
The special will be broadcast on approximately 750 stations and networks in the United States and Canada. A large number of these (including many NBC network affiliates) will be carrying "Music and the Spoken Word" for the first time. Air times and station information can be found at www.musicandthespokenword.org, or by checking local listings.
It should be noted that the special has been pre-recorded, so the live broadcast in the Tabernacle on Sunday, Sept. 11 will be a different program. Temple Square visitors wishing to see "9/11: Rising Above" that Sunday will be able to view it in the North Visitors Center Theatre at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
The regular, weekly "Music and the Spoken Word" has aired for 82 years, and is broadcast on 2,000 radio, television and Internet and cable networks across the world. The weekly broadcast performance of the program is free and does not require a ticket.
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 8