Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Pre
Earlier this year when Mitt Romney formally announced his intentions to run for president in bucolic New Hampshire, Sarah Palin also happened to be in the Granite State holding a clambake. Some interpreted Palin's New Hampshire trip as a slight to her fellow Republican, but not Romney.
"In a lot of respects, it's the best thing that could happen to me," Romney said regarding Palin's event.
In fact, the former Alaskan governor's presence in the GOP race may once again be the best thing that could happen to Mitt Romney, at least according to the Washington Post's Chris Cillizza and Aaron Blake.
In their article, "Why Mitt Romney needs Sarah Palin," Cillizza and Black argue that Mitt Romney would be the main beneficiary if Palin decided to jump in the race.
Cillizza and Black believe a Palin candidacy would split the tea party voters currently behind Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann. In turn this would narrow Perry's double-digit polling lead over Romney.
"A Palin entry also would blunt the momentum that Perry now has and take the focus off Romney's weaknesses such as healthcare, and put the focus on such things as electability," said a Newsmax piece on the subject.
Yet, Time's Adam Sorensen said the "maybe Sarah Palin will save us" strategy was not proactive and a much better Romney campaign plan to wound Perry is to "convince older Republican voters that President Perry would be a threat to their Social Security checks."
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Family frustrated with lack of charges in...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Man killed in officer-involved shooting in...
- Provo transit project set to begin, despite...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21
- Utah council wants governor, A.G. probe... 18
- FEC complaint filed against Chaffetz by... 16