Former UConn star Kemba Walker is the first player to agree to be part of the Jimmer's All-Stars exhibition games in September.
Announcements about other participants are expected soon.
"I have always been a big fan and have a lot of respect for Kemba," said Jimmer Fredette. "We had the chance to work out together before the draft and have become friends. The way he led UConn during the NCAA tournament was awesome to watch. Kemba loves to compete and his addition to our games will make for great basketball that the fans will enjoy."
BYU's Dave Rose and San Diego State's Steve Fisher will be the coaches for the games, to be held on Sept. 21 at the Maverick Center and Sept. 22 at the Marriott Center. Both games will tip off at 7 p.m. MT.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34