Former UConn star Kemba Walker is the first player to agree to be part of the Jimmer's All-Stars exhibition games in September.
Announcements about other participants are expected soon.
"I have always been a big fan and have a lot of respect for Kemba," said Jimmer Fredette. "We had the chance to work out together before the draft and have become friends. The way he led UConn during the NCAA tournament was awesome to watch. Kemba loves to compete and his addition to our games will make for great basketball that the fans will enjoy."
BYU's Dave Rose and San Diego State's Steve Fisher will be the coaches for the games, to be held on Sept. 21 at the Maverick Center and Sept. 22 at the Marriott Center. Both games will tip off at 7 p.m. MT.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26