Former UConn star Kemba Walker is the first player to agree to be part of the Jimmer's All-Stars exhibition games in September.
Announcements about other participants are expected soon.
"I have always been a big fan and have a lot of respect for Kemba," said Jimmer Fredette. "We had the chance to work out together before the draft and have become friends. The way he led UConn during the NCAA tournament was awesome to watch. Kemba loves to compete and his addition to our games will make for great basketball that the fans will enjoy."
BYU's Dave Rose and San Diego State's Steve Fisher will be the coaches for the games, to be held on Sept. 21 at the Maverick Center and Sept. 22 at the Marriott Center. Both games will tip off at 7 p.m. MT.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22