Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
LAS VEGAS — Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says construction on the world's first hybrid geothermal and solar power plant is starting in northern Nevada.
Reid said Tuesday that Enel Green Power North America's geothermal plant in Churchill County is adding a solar project.
The announcement came minutes before the start of the fourth-annual National Clean Energy Summit in Las Vegas.
Politicians and green technology leaders are attending the meeting to discuss energy security and independence.
Those scheduled to appear include Vice President Joe Biden, U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu, Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval and California Gov. Jerry Brown.
Chu said in his opening remarks that oil prices will increase while green energy will become cheaper in the future.
He also says science education is a top priority.
- The Latest: Defiant Kentucky clerk goes to...
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their...
- Republican Huckabee to visit jailed Kentucky...
- Trump vows no third-party bid, will back GOP...
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing...
- Drowned Syrian boys buried in hometown they fled
- Gold fever hits Poland with possible...
- Kentucky clerk still won't issue... 129
- The Latest: Defiant Kentucky clerk goes... 115
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as... 81
- Compromise could fix Kentucky's wedding... 62
- Latest Clinton emails show frustrations... 26
- In Alaska, Obama depicts stark future... 21
- Obama gets Iran deal win as Senate Dems... 21
- AP sources: GOP seeks pledge to avert... 20