Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
After sitting out 2010 with a knee injury, running back Robert Turbin is back on the field and ready to carry the load Utah State into the 2011 season. He chatted with the Deseret News' Kraig Williams about his life on and off the field in Logan this week.
Q: What's a regular workout for you?
A: I'll get to the weight room early. Try to get warmed up and get loose and do whatever is the required lift for the day. After that I try and do some extra grip work for my forearms. I try and do some extra calves work for speed and quickness on the field. After that I do a little extra stretching.
Q: Why did you choose to wear number 6?
A: When I was young I choose number 33 because I couldn't think of any NFL Hall of Famers who wore 33. Obviously there are guys like Tony Dorsett that wore it, but when I was 10 I didn't know who they were, so I choose it to be the first guy to go into the hall of fame with it. When I was a junior in high school the seniors picked numbers first and somebody took 33, so I took 6 because it was 3 and 3 added together.
Q: What is your favorite part of living in Logan and attending Utah State?
A: I like interacting with the students, the fans, the Hurd and just people around town. A lot of times I think people are intimidated if they see us at Walmart so they don't say anything, but when they do it's a great feeling. It's nice to have that around town.
Q: Who is your biggest fan?
A: I have two. My dad and my best friend since the sixth grade Steven Matthews. He knows more about me than anyone else in the world. I'm his biggest fan, and he's one of mine too.
Q: What is your favorite play to run?
A: Jumbo personnel. Shift to bunch right. Tiger H weak.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 65
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 40
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20