JUNEAU, Alaska — A week-long vampire convention on a cruise ship that will feature a vampire ball and costume contest is planned for scenic Southeast Alaska next summer.
Holland America's cruise ship Zuiderdam will be the setting for the event scheduled for late June.
KINY says the ship will make stops in Juneau, Glacier Bay, Skagway and Ketchikan after it departs from Vancouver, B.C.
Vampire scholar John Edgar Browning is scheduled to host a vampire movie festival. Also scheduled to join the cruise is Dacre Stoker, a great-grandnephew of "Dracula" author Bram Stoker and a co-author of a sequel, "Dracula: The Un-Dead."
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Hot spot: Yellowstone road melts, sites closed
- Texas shooting suspect collapses twice in court
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least of all...
- Virginia dad plants flag in area between...
- Grandma says Texas massacre survivor saved lives
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- Gunman in delivery man garb kills 4 kids,...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 64
- Why thousands of migrant children are... 45
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 44
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 38
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 30
- Thousands of unaccompanied migrant... 26
- President Obama aims to shift border... 22
- Obama seeks $3.7 billion to deal with... 20