NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Tennessee Titans have agreed to a contract with receiver Kevin Curtis.
The Titans announced the deal Friday with the eight-year veteran who played last season with Miami. Curtis has 253 catches for 3,297 yards and 20 touchdowns in 81 career games.
Curtis was drafted by St. Louis in the third round in 2003 out of Utah State. He played four seasons with the Rams and spent three seasons with Philadelphia. He had his best year with the Eagles in 2007 with 77 catches for 1,110 yards and six TDs.
The Titans waived rookie receiver Joseph Hills to clear roster space.
BILLS DL WILLIAMS GETS 6-YEAR EXTENSION: Kyle Williams' career season certainly paid off after the Buffalo Bills defensive lineman agreed to a six-year contract extension that is potentially worth $39 million on Friday.
The Bills confirmed the agreement was reached, and announced that team officials would be available for comment prior to Buffalo's preseason game against Jacksonville on Saturday. A person familiar with the contract provided The Associated Press the terms of the deal while speaking on the condition of anonymity because those numbers have not been released.
Williams will become one of the NFL's top-paid defensive lineman, as the extension is similar to the five-year, $40 million deal New England Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork reached in March 2010, the person said. Williams had two years left on his contract, with the extension locking him up through the 2016 season.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37