Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
PROVO — Jimmer Fredette made it official late Friday, he'll be a married man. It is unknown if he will tie the knot before the NBA lockout ends but he made sure he is not locked out from his true love.
Fredette announced to his 53,971 followers on Twitter that he proposed to his longtime friend, BYU cheerleader Whitney Wonnacott.
"I'm officially engaged everyone," Fredette wrote. "She said yes and she was completely surprised! It was perfect!"
On her official Twitter account, Wonnacott responded later Friday evening: "Proposed! Were officially engaged!"
A lottery pick for the Sacramento Kings, Fredette will be part of a pair of all-star exhibition games in Salt Lake City and Provo in September while the players and owners decide if they will have an NBA season this year.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28