Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
PROVO — Jimmer Fredette made it official late Friday, he'll be a married man. It is unknown if he will tie the knot before the NBA lockout ends but he made sure he is not locked out from his true love.
Fredette announced to his 53,971 followers on Twitter that he proposed to his longtime friend, BYU cheerleader Whitney Wonnacott.
"I'm officially engaged everyone," Fredette wrote. "She said yes and she was completely surprised! It was perfect!"
On her official Twitter account, Wonnacott responded later Friday evening: "Proposed! Were officially engaged!"
A lottery pick for the Sacramento Kings, Fredette will be part of a pair of all-star exhibition games in Salt Lake City and Provo in September while the players and owners decide if they will have an NBA season this year.
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 38
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 19