Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
PROVO — Jimmer Fredette made it official late Friday, he'll be a married man. It is unknown if he will tie the knot before the NBA lockout ends but he made sure he is not locked out from his true love.
Fredette announced to his 53,971 followers on Twitter that he proposed to his longtime friend, BYU cheerleader Whitney Wonnacott.
"I'm officially engaged everyone," Fredette wrote. "She said yes and she was completely surprised! It was perfect!"
On her official Twitter account, Wonnacott responded later Friday evening: "Proposed! Were officially engaged!"
A lottery pick for the Sacramento Kings, Fredette will be part of a pair of all-star exhibition games in Salt Lake City and Provo in September while the players and owners decide if they will have an NBA season this year.
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Virginia gearing up for big road test at No....
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron in...
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 133
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 97
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 46