Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
PROVO — Jimmer Fredette made it official late Friday, he'll be a married man. It is unknown if he will tie the knot before the NBA lockout ends but he made sure he is not locked out from his true love.
Fredette announced to his 53,971 followers on Twitter that he proposed to his longtime friend, BYU cheerleader Whitney Wonnacott.
"I'm officially engaged everyone," Fredette wrote. "She said yes and she was completely surprised! It was perfect!"
On her official Twitter account, Wonnacott responded later Friday evening: "Proposed! Were officially engaged!"
A lottery pick for the Sacramento Kings, Fredette will be part of a pair of all-star exhibition games in Salt Lake City and Provo in September while the players and owners decide if they will have an NBA season this year.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- Utah football: Utes top USC Trojans in a...
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah State Aggies lose another QB, but hold...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 114
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 19
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU-Boise State game expected to... 16