Nam Y. Huh, File, Associated Press
MINNEAPOLIS — A bright spot for the Minnesota Twins during this flop of a season has been Jim Thome.
The veteran slugger hit his 600th career home run earlier this month. With myriad injuries to the rest of the team's stars, seeing Thome step to the plate with the chance to hit one out has been one of the few reasons for Twins fans to stay interested.
Thome was traded to the Cleveland Indians on Thursday night. He was replaced on the roster with reserve outfielder Jason Repko before Friday's game against the division-leading Detroit Tigers.
Repko was returned from his rehabilitation assignment at Triple-A Rochester and reinstated from the 15-day disabled list. He has been out because of bursitis in his left shoulder.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 143
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16