Ravell Call, Deseret News
The legalization of aerial fireworks has had an impact on the economy of Utah. Instead of people buying fireworks from Wyoming, they can buy them here. The tax money can go to Utah instead of to another state.
Yes, there should be restrictions on how big the fireworks can be and on where people can do them, but they shouldn't make them illegal again. Having fireworks all the month of July makes it so even more fireworks are bought and more tax money is brought into Utah.
The more tax money collected, the more money the state will have to pay for schools — and that means better public education, smaller classes and more teachers. Fireworks can change the economy of Utah.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 112
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 73
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 49
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 47
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 34
- The complicated political views of... 33