Ravell Call, Deseret News
The legalization of aerial fireworks has had an impact on the economy of Utah. Instead of people buying fireworks from Wyoming, they can buy them here. The tax money can go to Utah instead of to another state.
Yes, there should be restrictions on how big the fireworks can be and on where people can do them, but they shouldn't make them illegal again. Having fireworks all the month of July makes it so even more fireworks are bought and more tax money is brought into Utah.
The more tax money collected, the more money the state will have to pay for schools — and that means better public education, smaller classes and more teachers. Fireworks can change the economy of Utah.
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Letter: Doctors unite
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should move...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not move...