Ravell Call, Deseret News
The legalization of aerial fireworks has had an impact on the economy of Utah. Instead of people buying fireworks from Wyoming, they can buy them here. The tax money can go to Utah instead of to another state.
Yes, there should be restrictions on how big the fireworks can be and on where people can do them, but they shouldn't make them illegal again. Having fireworks all the month of July makes it so even more fireworks are bought and more tax money is brought into Utah.
The more tax money collected, the more money the state will have to pay for schools — and that means better public education, smaller classes and more teachers. Fireworks can change the economy of Utah.
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Letter: Police brutality
- In our opinion: UTA to reconnect?
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 58
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 24
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22