Ravell Call, Deseret News
The legalization of aerial fireworks has had an impact on the economy of Utah. Instead of people buying fireworks from Wyoming, they can buy them here. The tax money can go to Utah instead of to another state.
Yes, there should be restrictions on how big the fireworks can be and on where people can do them, but they shouldn't make them illegal again. Having fireworks all the month of July makes it so even more fireworks are bought and more tax money is brought into Utah.
The more tax money collected, the more money the state will have to pay for schools — and that means better public education, smaller classes and more teachers. Fireworks can change the economy of Utah.
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our year-end...
- Drew Clark: Ebola, cybersecurity and...
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Letter: Access to health care
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 38
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 31
- Letter: Distance from religion 31
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 20
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 13