Ravell Call, Deseret News
The legalization of aerial fireworks has had an impact on the economy of Utah. Instead of people buying fireworks from Wyoming, they can buy them here. The tax money can go to Utah instead of to another state.
Yes, there should be restrictions on how big the fireworks can be and on where people can do them, but they shouldn't make them illegal again. Having fireworks all the month of July makes it so even more fireworks are bought and more tax money is brought into Utah.
The more tax money collected, the more money the state will have to pay for schools — and that means better public education, smaller classes and more teachers. Fireworks can change the economy of Utah.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- My view: Global warming needs free market
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 52
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 51
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 39
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26