NAME: Steven Paul Jobs
BORN: Feb. 24, 1955, in San Francisco
EDUCATION: Graduated from high school in 1972 and enrolled in Reed College in Portland, Ore., but dropped out after six months.
FAMILY: Wife, Laurene Powell; their three children, Reed Paul, Erin Sienna and Eve; plus daughter, Lisa Brennan-Jobs, from different relationship.
CAREER: Worked for video game maker Atari before founding Apple with Steve Wozniak in 1976 in Jobs' garage. Launched the Mac in 1984. But a year later, Jobs was pushed out as Apple's chairman. He returned to advise the company in 1996. After a stint as interim CEO, he took the helm of Apple Inc. permanently and oversaw the launch of the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad. Resigned as Apple CEO on Wednesday after taking an indefinite medical leave in January.
With his resignation, Jobs was elected Apple chairman.
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Obama administration will allow green energy...
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 105
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Obama declares health care law is... 21