NAME: Steven Paul Jobs
BORN: Feb. 24, 1955, in San Francisco
EDUCATION: Graduated from high school in 1972 and enrolled in Reed College in Portland, Ore., but dropped out after six months.
FAMILY: Wife, Laurene Powell; their three children, Reed Paul, Erin Sienna and Eve; plus daughter, Lisa Brennan-Jobs, from different relationship.
CAREER: Worked for video game maker Atari before founding Apple with Steve Wozniak in 1976 in Jobs' garage. Launched the Mac in 1984. But a year later, Jobs was pushed out as Apple's chairman. He returned to advise the company in 1996. After a stint as interim CEO, he took the helm of Apple Inc. permanently and oversaw the launch of the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad. Resigned as Apple CEO on Wednesday after taking an indefinite medical leave in January.
With his resignation, Jobs was elected Apple chairman.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Sierra Leone makes hiding Ebola patients illegal
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role in...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 121
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Obama faces tough options in Iraq and... 14