BYU basketball: Trip to Greece ends with loss to Italian squad
ATHENS — BYU's Brock Zylstra scored a team-high 26 points, but the Cougar basketball team fell to the Italian National Team, 102-63, Wednesday in the Acropolis of Athens Tournament at the Olympic Center.
The Italians, led by three NBA players, including Andrea Bargnani of the Toronto Raptors, led 43-36 at halftime, then exploded in the second half to outscore BYU, 59-27.
Freshman DeMarcus Harrison chipped in 12 points while Charles Abouo added eight. Noah Hartsock recorded six points and 10 rebounds.
The loss to Italy, which is ranked No. 7 in the FIBA world rankings, concludes BYU's trip to Greece. The Cougars previously defeated the Athens All-Stars, 88-56, then crushed ASE Doukas of the Greece B League, 114-45, before playing in the Acropolis of Athens Tournament.
Greece, ranked No. 4 in the FIBA rankings, dominated BYU, 83-54, Tuesday.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19