Deseret News archives
As a loyal Ute, I am very happy that the University of Utah is now a member of the PAC-12. To me it's not about the BCS — I still think that system is flawed. It's not about winning the national championship — that would be a long shot for the Utes. It is about the prestige of being in one of the country's finest conferences in all aspects of academia.
Hat's off to the Cougars for doing something precious few universities could do — go independent and make it work. That being said, I think it's safe to say that any university in this part of the country would have jumped at the chance to become a member of the PAC-12. Go Utes!
E. Kent Rasmussen
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32