Deseret News archives
As a loyal Ute, I am very happy that the University of Utah is now a member of the PAC-12. To me it's not about the BCS — I still think that system is flawed. It's not about winning the national championship — that would be a long shot for the Utes. It is about the prestige of being in one of the country's finest conferences in all aspects of academia.
Hat's off to the Cougars for doing something precious few universities could do — go independent and make it work. That being said, I think it's safe to say that any university in this part of the country would have jumped at the chance to become a member of the PAC-12. Go Utes!
E. Kent Rasmussen
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 28
- President should not act without... 24