Deseret News archives
As a loyal Ute, I am very happy that the University of Utah is now a member of the PAC-12. To me it's not about the BCS — I still think that system is flawed. It's not about winning the national championship — that would be a long shot for the Utes. It is about the prestige of being in one of the country's finest conferences in all aspects of academia.
Hat's off to the Cougars for doing something precious few universities could do — go independent and make it work. That being said, I think it's safe to say that any university in this part of the country would have jumped at the chance to become a member of the PAC-12. Go Utes!
E. Kent Rasmussen
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Letter: Our public lands
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20