Deseret News archives
As a loyal Ute, I am very happy that the University of Utah is now a member of the PAC-12. To me it's not about the BCS — I still think that system is flawed. It's not about winning the national championship — that would be a long shot for the Utes. It is about the prestige of being in one of the country's finest conferences in all aspects of academia.
Hat's off to the Cougars for doing something precious few universities could do — go independent and make it work. That being said, I think it's safe to say that any university in this part of the country would have jumped at the chance to become a member of the PAC-12. Go Utes!
E. Kent Rasmussen
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19