Deseret News archives
As a loyal Ute, I am very happy that the University of Utah is now a member of the PAC-12. To me it's not about the BCS — I still think that system is flawed. It's not about winning the national championship — that would be a long shot for the Utes. It is about the prestige of being in one of the country's finest conferences in all aspects of academia.
Hat's off to the Cougars for doing something precious few universities could do — go independent and make it work. That being said, I think it's safe to say that any university in this part of the country would have jumped at the chance to become a member of the PAC-12. Go Utes!
E. Kent Rasmussen
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 33
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 23