COLORADO SPRINGS — Outfielder Ryan Spilborghs belted a three run homer in the bottom of the tenth to give the Colorado Springs Sky Sox a 9-7 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Monday night. The Bees had taken a 7-6 lead in the top of the tenth on an RBI single by Jeff Baisley and Horacio Ramirez retired the first two Sky Sox batters in the bottom half of the inning before Ryan Rohlinger extended the game with a triple to right center. After Jesus Merchan drew a walk, Spilborghs, who is on an injury rehab assignment from Colorado, drilled a 2-1 pitch over the left field fence to end the game. For Ramirez (3-2), it was his first blown save in seven opportunities.
The Bees had forced extra innings as they tied the game at 6-6 in the eighth inning on back-to-back RBI doubles by Jeremy Moore and Efren Navarro. Moore led the Bees with two hits, including a home run, and four runs batted in, while Efren Navarro added three hits and one RBI. Andrew Romine and Paul McAnulty each chipped in a pair of singles, as Salt Lake has now dropped two out of three in Colorado Springs.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15