COLORADO SPRINGS — Outfielder Ryan Spilborghs belted a three run homer in the bottom of the tenth to give the Colorado Springs Sky Sox a 9-7 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Monday night. The Bees had taken a 7-6 lead in the top of the tenth on an RBI single by Jeff Baisley and Horacio Ramirez retired the first two Sky Sox batters in the bottom half of the inning before Ryan Rohlinger extended the game with a triple to right center. After Jesus Merchan drew a walk, Spilborghs, who is on an injury rehab assignment from Colorado, drilled a 2-1 pitch over the left field fence to end the game. For Ramirez (3-2), it was his first blown save in seven opportunities.
The Bees had forced extra innings as they tied the game at 6-6 in the eighth inning on back-to-back RBI doubles by Jeremy Moore and Efren Navarro. Moore led the Bees with two hits, including a home run, and four runs batted in, while Efren Navarro added three hits and one RBI. Andrew Romine and Paul McAnulty each chipped in a pair of singles, as Salt Lake has now dropped two out of three in Colorado Springs.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48